Wednesday 9 December 2015

December Essex Blogger Meet Up

This past weekend was a very busy one for me, I'm going to break it up into some separate posts for you over the next few days.  I thought I'd kick things off with the Essex Blogger meet up I arranged and attended on Saturday evening.

It's always so nice meeting up with other bloggers, more so when they live locally so that the opportunity to meet up more regularly is possible.  There will definitely be more get togethers so hopefully some new friendships will be made.



We headed to Lush Chelmsford after hours for a bloggers pamper party, where Wendy and her team were on hand to talk about some of their new gift boxes as well as demonstrating some of their Christmas range.  




I was tempted by everything.  Considering this time last year I'd not had a bath in years (I'm a shower person), Lush has definitely converted me. In-between demonstrations we had the opportunity to make our own bah humbug bubble bar.


I was absolutely fascinated to see the work that goes into making the products and how quickly a selection of powders soon becomes a bubble bar.  Looking at the bah humbugs they all look very similar in shape, size and design.  To think that each and every one of these have been made by hand absolutely amazes me.  I don't think any of us got anywhere close to the design on our first attempt although a few of us attempted again and there were improvements but still nothing in comparison to the experts.  



We were then given some time to shop.  It felt great to wander round the store looking around to our hearts content without having to battle against the usual crowds of people.  Products just seemed to keep falling into my basket.  I'm planning to do a little Lush haul post later in the month to share with you my purchases, there are a few too many to include it in today's post, we'd literally be here all day.





Shopping complete we ended our time at Lush getting into pairs and learning how to give a hand and arm massage using a range of the Lush massage bars.  It was the perfect way to round it all up and a great opportunity to test out the massage bars.


To finish off our evening we headed across to Bar & Beyond (the old Chicago's) for burger and chips and a few drinks.  The décor inside was really funky, the place was almost unrecognisable from it's Chicago days.  The food was really good too although I'm not so sure I could ever get used to eating dinner amongst revellers on a night out.  I think it is fair to say that my clubbing days are over, I'd much rather sit at home in-front of the TV in my pj's.  However should I be heading out for a night in Chelmsford this would definitely be somewhere I would happily go to.  There was a real mix of ages and the music was to my taste too.



It was a great evening and I'm already thinking of what we could do for our next Essex Blogger meet up.  If you'd be interested in meeting up with us next time let me know and as soon as I have the details I can let you know.

~ Gem x

8 comments:

  1. Was such a lovely night! Thanks for organising it Gem :) Great to meet some local bloggers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was lovely to meet you, it was a really enjoyable evening x x x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for organising this event and for inviting an old girl like me along, it was a fab evening xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be so daft, your not old. It was great to have you there x x x

      Delete
  3. Hello Gem,
    This sounds great fun and I'd love to come if you had another one!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know of any in the future my love, would be great to meet you after all this time x x x

      Delete
  4. Gutted I missed it, it looked like you had a great evening.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will definitely be more meet ups my lovely x x

      Delete