Monday 5 October 2015

London's Cake & Bake Show 2015

I spent my Saturday at The Cake & Bake show, held at London's Excel Centre.


It's the first time I've visited this particular show so I was a little unsure exactly what to expect from the exhibitors.


There were a whole host of food stands selling all sorts of things from marshmallows to sausage rolls.


Macaroons to bread.  There was a whole heap of tasty food and treats I wanted to buy up and feast upon.


Moving away from the food market and into the centre of the exhibition hall, the aisles were lined with beautiful bunting overhead, it looked so pretty.


We mooched around the stalls, taking in what each of the stands had to offer, admiring the workmanship that had gone into the products.



As we wandered around we stumbled upon the BB Afternoon Tea Bus, a London double decker bus providing a tour around London while serving afternoon tea.  I've followed them on Instagram for some time and have looked into visiting, I was really pleased to see one of their buses in real life.


I shall be booking up a visit for sure.



From there we wandered around some more, looking at what else the show had to offer.




And then of course there were the cakes.


Lots and lots of cakes.



The competition cakes were pretty impressive too.









There were so many great efforts, too many to show them all, but trust me they were fantastic.  


It really was a great, cake filled day, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  If you missed the show fear not, Cake & Bake Edinburgh takes place 30th October - 1st November and Cake & Bake Manchester 12th - 15th November.  you can book your tickets via The Cake & Bake Show website.

Happy Baking

~ Gem x

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a show! I could have spent a whole weekend checking this show out. From bunting to baking, it had all of my favourite things. How much did you eat? Are a stone heavier now? What didi you buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day, with lots of cakey goodness.
      I bought a couple of Christmas pressies and a couple of macaroons from L'orchidee, their Halloween limited edition one is to die for. I think we managed to walk off what we ate so all in all a day well spent :) x x x

      Delete
  2. Wowzers some of those cakes are amazing! Looks like a fun day out.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, incredible right! It was definitely something different to what I'd usually be doing on a Saturday x x x

      Delete