Monday 28 September 2015

The Dolls House on The Hill Tea Room

I love visiting tearooms.  It's been a while since I've been to one, so with a visit planned to see my Nan in Harrow, and having been following The Dolls House Tea Room in Harrow-On-The-Hill on Instagram, it only seemed right to combine the two and I'm so pleased we did.  From the minute we arrived outside I knew I was going to enjoy it.  It looked beautiful.


Stepping inside the door we were greeted by friendly staff and a dresser filled with beautiful things to buy, although immediately I was thinking ahead to visiting at Christmas and it being filled with decorations and gifts.


The staff really were amazing.  We felt so welcomed and they were all so friendly, the service was really quick.  The food was delicious.  I went for a bacon, brie and cranberry panini with crisps and a still cloudy lemonade.



Of course it would have been rude not to have tried out their cakes too.  The selection was fantastic, it took a while to decide what to pick.  In the end I opted for a slice of red velvet.




I can honestly say it was the best red velvet cake I have ever eaten.  The portion was huge.  Too big to finish after lunch, so they boxed it up for me to take home.  The bonus to this of course is that i got to enjoy it twice.


If ever your in the area I'd recommend a visit.  I'm certain you won't be disappointed.


~ Gem x 

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty little place - lovely tablecloths, flowery teacups and scrumptious-looking cakes. my kind of spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted by a tea purely down to the fact it was all miss-matched china. It really was a beautiful little place x x x

      Delete