Wednesday 5 August 2015

Jersey Shores


We arrived in Jersey (Channel Islands) fairly late on Monday evening, so we headed straight to our hotel to get checked in, the view across the harbour from our room was lovely.


This was our first time visiting the island.  It truly is a beautiful place.


It reminds me in many ways of Cornwall.


We stayed in St Aubin, about 15 minutes from the airport.


It was a perfect base to explore the island, although much of our stay was spent within the town, which was much like St Ives except maybe a little smaller.


The views across the harbour out to sea were gorgeous.



Many hours were spent admiring it, even while scoffing a Jersey cream tea.



I fell in love with some of the houses, so pretty.


It made me wonder how they looked inside.


Of course there was lots of walks along the beach with a good amount of beach combing done.



This is something I have wanted to do for the past few summers now but having never really visited the right kind of beach it had never happened, so I'm glad that's something I can cross off my list.    


We even squeezed in some rock pooling too and found a few hermit crabs and various shell fish.


There are still many parts of the island we didn't get round to seeing.


I would happily go back, so maybe one day we will visit again.


The temperatures may not have been very warm, and we did experience some showers (we never seem to be able to avoid rain on our holidays), but we were blessed with sunshine and a few beautiful sunsets too so overall I was happy.


We spent a few days out and about around the island too, I'll be sharing some more about one of those adventures on Friday so please do pop back to find out what else we got up to on our travels.


~ Gem x 

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it looks like such a gorgeous place, Gem! I love your photos of the houses, I dream of visiting a place just like that one day. I love all the boats as well, so pretty and relaxing. Sounds like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very picturesque Amy. The coastal views definitely made a change from our usual countryside views each day x x x

      Delete
  2. Oh you lucky girl! I'm glad you found some time to get out and spend some holiday time with your man. It looks like the island was the perfect pace to get away. I, too, would love to do so rock-pooling, but the lakes around here don't really allow for it. I'll have to make an ocean visit a priority in the next few years! More pics please!! :) Love, B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Channel Islands are lovely, we have talked about visiting some of the other islands in the future. But yes, you definitely need to look at a coastal visit soon, the kids would love it x x x

      Delete
  3. It goes to show that you don't need to travel miles and miles away to see beautiful scenery.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are spoilt for choice of beautiful places to visit in this country, I'd love to travel about a bit more but I will say I am desperate for a proper overseas holiday with a nice pool and hot temperatures, it has been way too long x x x

      Delete