Friday 1 April 2011

Paper Mills Lock

Last Friday was my Mum’s birthday.  We spent the day in the glorious sunshine and visited Paper Mill Lock.  I could have kicked myself when we got there for the pure fact that I had not found it sooner.  It was lovely.  So peaceful and picturesque, I can’t wait for the summer to see it in it’s full beauty, however I can picture it being very busy.
First stop was the tea shop to get some drinks and cakes.  I opted for tea and scone with jam (it had to be done) Mum had hot chocolate and scone with jam and Dad had a tea with a slice of carrot cake.  We then walked to a sunny spot and parked ourselves on a bench overlooking the lock and all the boats.  It was gorgeous, so much so I am going to leave it there for the talking today and leave you with the photos I took on the day. 









Hope you all have a great weekend.  I will be posting soon about my lovely swap parcels recently received,  how exciting hey.
~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. look's lovely, especially the lock keeper's cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Thank you so much for the card - it made my day !!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete